The Old Library, Hagley Road, Stourbridge
Introducing the stunning residential conversion of the grade II listed former Carnegie library in Stourbridge. Ideally located in Stourbridge town centre, these exceptional bespoke one and two-bedroom apartments offer high-quality contemporary living in a way that celebrates the original and traditional features of an historic building.
The Old Library offers a unique opportunity to live in Edwardian splendour, ideal for first time buyers, professionals on the move and those looking to downsize, including homeowners taking their first steps on the property ladder through Help to Buy.
Built in 1905 with funds donated by wealthy industrialist Andrew Carnegie, The Old Library has been used as both a library and an educational establishment.
The building boasts many original architectural features including ornamental, terracotta detailing to the façade, a spiral staircase, bespoke plasterwork and stained glass windows, featuring the images of William Shakespeare and the physicist, Lord Kelvin - all of which has been replicated or restored.
With every apartment entirely unique and finished to a high specification, you will be proud to call The Old Library your home.
- Rooms will be filled with natural light.
- The spacious open plan layout ensures that the living room flows beautifully into the kitchen and dining areas, creating a modern yet cosy home.
- The kitchen is the heart of the home and the premium fixtures make this space perfect for entertaining, romantic dinners or a cosy night in.
- The bathrooms are light, airy and designed to the highest specification. Some bathrooms include a bath and others include walk in showers.
- All apartments feature audio intercom entry systems, electric central heating, hardwood flooring to hallways and living areas. There is also lift access to all floors,some apartments also have the benefit of allocated parking.
- Apartments come with a full 10-year building defects warranty
- The Old Library is located in Stourbridge town centre, approximately 15 miles to the west of Birmingham and 12 miles to the south of Wolverhampton.
- The building is situated just a few minutes’ walk from a range of shops and services, including nearby Stourbridge Town station, with connections to Stourbridge Junction – a main train station into Birmingham and Kidderminster.
- Located on the accessible Hagley Road, car commuters can access Dudley and Birmingham via the A458, with connections to the M5 motorway via Wildmoor.
More than half of the one and two-bedroom apartments at the three-storey Edwardian building have already been snapped up off-plan by a combination of local owner-occupiers and buy-to-let investors, with several homeowners securing their slice of history through Help to Buy.
Start your new chapter at The Old Library, Stourbridge.